TPF Tools Manuals
1. Starting the video-connection with the TPF-Video-Runner
a. Choosing the camera device
b. Choosing the codec
c. Choosing the bitrate
d. Choosing the mode
e. Choosing the port
f. Choosing the address of the remote partner
- through a proxy server: in this case, the video stream travels through a server; the default server ’telematic.zhdk.ch’ is located at Zurich University of the Arts;
- peer-to-peer: in this case, the video stream travels directly from the local computer to the remote computer and vice versa; for this, a public IP-address is needed.
2. Using Ultragrid independently
- ‘decklink’ describes all devices from black magic
- ‘avfoundation’ describes the built-in-camera or an external webcam
- ’testcard’ gives out a test signal
- for other devices, go to ‘./uv -t help’ in the Cerminal or check here: https://github-wiki-see.page/m/CESNET/UltraGrid/wiki/Cards
- for a self-test of your camera, write ‘127.0.0.1’ or ‘localhost’.
- for a peer-to-peer connection, write the public IP-address of your remote partner.
- for connecting through a server, write the server name (e.g. telematic.zhdk.ch).